WHAT SHOULD I DO THE FIRST TIME I LIGHT A BONITA FIERCE CANDLE?
- Before the first light, make sure you have 3-4 hours available for the candle to burn while attended. We know it is exciting to want to light your candle right away, but this is the most important step!
- Coconut Soy candle wax has what’s called a "memory." That means that when you burn a coconut soy candle and then extinguish it, the next time you burn it, the coconut soy candle wax will melt across as far as it did the first time. This is why it is so important to allow coconut soy candles to burn all the way across to the edge of the container the first time you burn it before putting it out. This ensures that your soy candle does not “tunnel” as it burns, leaving wax along the sides of the container. A good rule of thumb is to burn your candle 1 hour for every inch wide that the candle is. So if you have a 3-inch wide coconut soy candle, you may need to burn it for at least 3 hours for a good melt pool.
- Keep your wick trimmed to .5 cm before every burn for even burning and to avoid unnecessary smoke and overheating. Occasionally, wick breakage can occur. This is okay and simply means that there is a build-up of carbon or a draft.
- Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow wick trimmings to fall into wax, as this can create a fire hazard.
- Always burn your candle within sight and away from drafts, including but not limited to: open windows, A/C units, and heaters.
- Stop burning when there is ½” of wax remaining. If misused, the glass may shatter.
- Keep away from children, pets, and flammable objects.
WHY DO YOU USE COCONUT SOY WAX? WHY NOT 100% SOY WAX?
Coconut Soy wax is a vegan blend of natural soy and coconut, and it's gluten-free, toxin-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and comes from renewable sources. The entire blend utilizes only FDA approved waxes. Many soy waxes don’t have ideal burn qualities; They burn slowly, but have trouble throwing scent and can also look unsightly with characteristic crumbly texture. Soybean oil is a byproduct of large corporations, environmentally-minded groups like the WWF have raised concerns about deforestation (mainly in South America) associated with increasing soy demand, and recent fires in the Amazon have been heavily linked to the soy and cattle farming industries. We are offering a new alternative and industry-standard by ensuring our wax comes from renewable sources.
DOES COCONUT SOY WAX SMELL LIKE COCONUT?
Nope! The coconut soy wax is odorless. If it smells like coconut, it’s from the fragrance oil in your candle!
WHY WOODEN WICKS? WHAT MAKES WOODEN WICKS UNIQUE?
A wooden wick candle heats up your fragrances and creates a scent throw in your room in less time. They create a horizontal flame that throws more heat into your candle quicker and allows your candle to burn slower and lower that creates a stronger scent throw in less time. Our candles produce a tantalizing crackling sound when burning that creates a warming fireplace ambiance to any space.
ARE YOUR CANDLES PET-FRIENDLY?
It depends! We highly recommend to check our Scents Page for all of our ingredients listed for each scent, and to research the specific harmful scents for your animal.
Currently, the Azúcar, Cinnamon Buns (Discontinued) and Fraser Fir (Limited Edition) scents can be harmful to pets since they contain Cinnamon and Pine within their ingredients.
All of our fragrance oils are free from carcinogens, mutagens, reproductive toxins, organ toxins and acute toxins that can be harmful to pets. Please be aware of that there is a minuscule amount of highly refined food-grade paraffin wax in our Vegan Coconut Soy wax blend.
CAN I REUSE MY JAR?
Yes! When you've reached the sad end of your Bonita Fierce candle you can reuse the jar! Simply add hot water to your candle jar, wait for the candle wax to rise to the top, let the jar and wax cool overnight, remove the wick, rinse the jar, and wipe clean.
HOW MANY HOURS WILL MY BONITA FIERCE CANDLE BURN?
8.5 oz: Burn Time Approximately 50 Hours
5.3 oz: Burn Time Approximately 30 Hours
*Burn times vary depending on the environment your candle is placed in. Drafts, temperature, and trimming of your wick can affect the life of your candle.
WHAT MAKES YOUR BRAND ECO FRIENDLY?
We strive to create a socially responsible and sustainable business and take every measure to ensure you are receiving a quality product that greatly reduces our impact on our planet.
Here are a few highlights about our product and packaging!
- Our coconut and soy wax is gluten-free, toxin-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and comes from renewable sources.
- Our glass jars and shipping boxes are easily recyclable and reusable.
- All other packaging including our seed paper dust covers, packing peanuts, and packing void fill is biodegradable.
- Our wooden wicks are FSC-certified.
HOW DO I PLANT MY SEED PAPER DUST COVER?
- a pot for planting
- some good potting soil
- plantable paper
- a sunny corner
STEP 1 - PREPARE YOUR POT
Fill your pot 2/3 full with good potting soil. Tamp down the soil and add more if necessary. You want the pot to be firmly full, but not packed. The paper can be planted indoors or outside, so you get to choose according to the temperature and conditions at the time of planting (we don't recommend planting outside if it's blizzarding or desert-hot!).
STEP 2 - PLANT THE PAPER
Take your plantable paper and cover the soil in the prepared pot with the paper. It's okay if the paper overlaps. Spread a 1/8 inch layer of soil over the plantable paper pieces and tamp down gently.
STEP 3 - WATER DURING GERMINATION
After planting the paper in your pot, give it a good soak. You want the paper and the soil to be nicely damp but not swimming in water. During the first 10 days, keep the paper moist at all times. The water is necessary for germination.
STEP 4 - CARE AFTER GERMINATION
Once sprouts appear, continue to keep the paper moist but be careful not to overwater. Once sturdy plants appear, water as needed.
STEP 5 - ENJOY THE FLOWERS
Once the flowers start to blossom, enjoy them in the pot or cut them and place them in a decorative vase.
WHAT SEEDS ARE IN MY SEED PAPER DUST OVER?
Our plantable paper is typically embedded with a wildflower blend of:
Bird's Eye - Annual
Clarkia - Annual
Black-Eyed Susan - Perennial
Catchfly - Annual
Snapdragon - Annual
Sweet Alyssum - Annual
WHAT ORGANIZATIONS DO YOU WORK WITH? HOW DO YOU DECIDE?
We search for non patrician organizations, mutual aid or coalitions that directly work with women, black, indigenous, people of color that have a direct impact in communities across the United States. Each quarter we will announce where our next donation is headed!
I’M AN ORGANIZATION AND WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, ARE YOU ACCEPTING REQUESTS?
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in working with us! Please contact us here to get in touch.
DO YOU DO CUSTOM SCENTS/QUOTES?
Yes! Please contact us at email@example.com for more details on pricing.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
RETURN POLICY + CANCELLATION POLICY
Please review our Refund Policy here.
WHERE DO YOU SHIP TO? DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
We ship to all 50 states! We currently do not offer international shipping.
MY ORDER NEVER ARRIVED.
We are not responsible for any stolen or lost packages. For these issues please contact USPS directly at 1-800-ASK-USPS.
MY ORDER CAME BROKEN.
We are so sorry that your order arrived less than perfect. We offer a 30-day exchange policy on any item damaged during the shipping process. To complete your exchange, all we require is the order number and a photo of the damage sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any item that is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error is not eligible for an exchange. All exchanges will be for the same item originally ordered.
WHERE IS MY ORDER?
Please reference your order confirmation for your order number and shipping status.
I RECEIVED THE WRONG ITEM.
Please review our Refund Policy.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com